EPA Community Grants
In FY 2022, Congress appropriated resources for 483 congressionally directed water infrastructure projects (EPA Community Grants) totaling $841 million under the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2022 (P.L. 117 – 103). These projects provide a valuable source of federal funding for water infrastructure that will complement the resources Congress provided in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and the annual appropriations process.
The Community Grants Program Final Implementation Guidance (Guidance), October 21, 2022, outlines the requirements recipients must meet to receive Community Grant funding.
- Community Grants Program Final Implementation Guidance, October 21, 2022 (pdf)
- EPA Community Grants Frequently Asked Questions (Updated October 21, 2022) (pdf)
- Sortable Project Listing (xlsx)
Links to preliminary program information (Planning Instructions) and webinar presentation materials are below.
- Community Grants Webinars
- Preliminary Information
Potential grant recipients can move forward with several steps to prepare to receive funding:
- Review EPA Grants Management Training for Applicants and Recipients. EPA’s online training courses are free and are designed to introduce potential EPA grant recipients to key aspects of the entire grant lifecycle, from preparation of an application through grant closeout.
- Obtain a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI). The System for Award Management (SAM.gov) is an official website of the U.S. Government used to register to do business with the U.S. Government. Potential EPA grant recipients must have a UEI to apply for EPA grants through grants.gov. Refer to the SAM.gov registration process to obtain a UEI prior to applying (https://sam.gov/content/home).
- Register at Grants.Gov. Potential EPA grant recipients can register on the federal grant portal (grants.gov) as the grants process will be conducted online.
- Review Uniform Grant Guidance. Potential EPA grant recipients can read and become familiar with Uniform Grant Guidance that applies to all federal grants.
- Become familiar with EPA’s General Grant Terms and Conditions. Additional terms and conditions specific to EPA Community Grants will be included with each grant award.
- Identify Cost Share Funding and/or Submit a Request for a Waiver. Potential recipients can begin to think about how they will provide the 20 percent non-federal cost share requirement. Detailed information on how to request a cost share waiver is provided in the Guidance.
- Get in touch. Recipients can reach out to their appropriate EPA Regional Office to establish a relationship and to let the EPA Regional Office know who the correct contact is for the project.
|Address||Contact||States and Territories Represented|
|U.S. EPA Region 1
5 Post Office Square
Boston, Massachusetts 02109-3912
Phone: (617) 918-1547
|Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|U.S. EPA Region 2
290 Broadway, 24th Floor
New York, New York 10007-1866
Phone: (212) 637-4006
|New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands|
|U.S. EPA Region 3
1600 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103-2852
Phone: (215) 814-2021
|Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia|
|U.S. EPA Region 4
61 Forsyth Street, SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30303-8960
|Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee|
|U.S. EPA Region 5
77 West Jackson Boulevard
Chicago, Illinois 60604-3507
Phone: (312) 353-4779
|Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin|
|U.S. EPA Region 6
1201 Elm Street
Dallas, Texas 75270
|Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas|
|U.S. EPA Region 7
11201 Renner Boulevard
Lenexa, Kansas 66219
|Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska|
U.S. EPA Region 8
Phone: (303) 312-6435
|Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming|
|U.S. EPA Region 9
75 Hawthorne Street
San Francisco, California 94105
Phone: (415) 972-3838
|Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, American Samoa, Guam, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands|
|U.S. EPA Region 10
1200 Sixth Avenue
Suite 900 (OWW-137)
Seattle, Washington 98101
Phone: (206) 553-6334
|Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington|