About the Office of Public Affairs (OPA)
What We Do
- Prepares speeches for the Administrator and senior managers.
- Serves as the principal news media gateway for official agency announcements, press releases and statements, speeches, Congressional and public hearing testimony, biographies of principal officers, and other documents of public interest.
- Coordinates the agency's external message for emergency response activities.
- Serves as the agencywide point of contact for the planning, developing, and reviewing of all agency print, digital, promotional, display, audiovisual and broadcast products intended for the public.
- Supports agency multilingual outreach and communications efforts, in coordination with the Office of Environmental Justice and External Civil Rights.
- Manages EPA's web content, including content on www.epa.gov and social media.
- Communicates with EPA personnel on a variety of topics.
Programs and Projects Managed by OPA
- EPA newsroom and news releases
- Facebook, X, YouTube, Flickr and other social media channels
- EPA Perspectives
- EPA en español
Mail code: 1701A | EPA mailing addresses
Location: EPA Headquarters at Washington, D.C. Federal Triangle campus
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Public Affairs includes: