Disclaimer for the Adaptation Strategies for Climate Change Adaptation
The adaptation strategies provided on this site are intended to inform and assist communities in identifying potential alternatives. They are illustrative and are presented to help communities consider possible ways to address anticipated current and future threats resulting from the changing climate. In particular, it is important to note:
- The strategies presented are NOT a comprehensive or exhaustive list of resiliency or adaptation actions that may be relevant.
- None of the provided alternatives is likely to be appropriate in all circumstances; the appropriateness of each alternative should be considered in the local context for which it is being considered.
- The potential strategies are largely drawn from EPA and other federal resources. Before adopting any particular strategy, it should be considered in the context provided by the primary source document from which it originated. Source document(s) are indicated.
- The presented strategies should not be relied on exclusively in conducting risk assessments, developing response plans, or making adaptation decisions.
- This information is not a substitute for the professional advice of an environmental or climate change professional or attorney.