Asthma Action Plan
A written asthma action plan encourages self-management of asthma. Plans include:
- A list of the person's triggers and how to avoid them,
- Instructions for taking asthma medicine,
- Information on what to do during an asthma episode,
- Instructions on when to call a doctor, and
- Emergency telephone numbers.
Action plans should be updated at least once a year. Talk to your doctor to find the best plan that works for you.
Below are a few examples of commonly used action plans:You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Some of the following links exit to non-federal government sites Exit