Benchmark Dose Software (BMDS) Version 3.0 - Download
Download BMDS 3.0 (rel. 2018-09-28)
For Microsoft Windows systems running the 32-bit version of Microsoft Excel 2016 or later.
- System Requirements
- Keeping Previous BMDS Versions for Specific Models
- Receive Updates on Future Releases
BMDS 3.0 is distributed as a .zip file, which can be unzipped to any folder where the user has read/write privileges. Administrator privileges are not required.
- Right-click and select “Save Target As” or “Save Link As” for the BMDS 3.0 install package (ZIP)(6 MB, September 30, 2018)
- Unzip the file to a local directory. For best results, place the folder (and its subfolders) in the simplest, shortest directory, without special characters or spaces, and for which you have administrative rights (for most users, this will be C:\Users\[user's LAN ID], but sometimes includes C:\).
- To launch BMDS 3.0, select "bmds3.xslm."
If you have problems or concerns, please refer to the Help tab in the Main workbook or contact us using our Help Desk Form.
BMDS 3.0 requires Microsoft Excel 2016 for Windows or later with macros enabled (visit the Microsoft support site for information on enabling Excel macros). At this time, only the 32-bit version of Microsoft Office is supported. Note: the 32-bit limitation applies only to the version of Microsoft Office. BMDS 3.0 is compatible with 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows that have 32-bit Microsoft Office installed.
- Dichotomous background dose models
- Rai and Van Ryzin nested dichotomous model, which is a Weibull model modified to include a litter-specific covariate
- Toxicodiffusion model
- ten Berge model, which has been superseded by EPA’s categorical regression software CatReg
These models are not maintained or supported by EPA at this time, but can be accessed in the archival BMDS 2.7.
Sign up to receive email announcements on new releases or important information.