Benchmark Dose Software (BMDS) Version 3.1 - Download
Download BMDS 3.1 (rel. 2019-02-28)
For Microsoft Windows systems running Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013, or 2016 or later
The BMDS Release History details the complete list of changes included in each release.
- System Requirements
- Keeping Previous BMDS Versions for Specific Models
- Receive Updates on Future Releases
BMDS is distributed as a .zip file, which can be unzipped to any folder where the user has read/write privileges. Administrator privileges are not required.
- Right-click and select “Save Target As” or “Save Link As” for the BMDS 3.1 install package (ZIP)(6 MB, 2/28/2019 11:34 AM)
- Open the zipped folder, then drag the BMDS folder from the zipped file to a new location on your local hard drive. For best results, place the extracted folder (and its subfolders) in the simplest, shortest directory, without special characters or spaces, and for which you have administrative rights (for most users, this will be C:\Users\[user's LAN ID], but sometimes includes C:\).
- To launch BMDS, select "bmds3.xslm."
If you have problems or concerns, please refer to the Help tab in the Main workbook or contact us using our Help Desk Form.
BMDS requires the desktop version of Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013, or 2016 (32- or 64-bit) for Windows or later with macros enabled (visit the Microsoft support site for information on enabling Excel macros). We recommend using the Office 365 or standalone Microsoft Office installation methods rather than installing via the Microsoft Store.
- Dichotomous background dose models
- Rai and Van Ryzin nested dichotomous model, which is a Weibull model modified to include a litter-specific covariate
- Toxicodiffusion model
- ten Berge model, which has been superseded by EPA’s categorical regression software CatReg
These models are not maintained or supported by EPA at this time, but can be accessed in the archival BMDS 2.7.
Sign up to receive email announcements on new releases or important information.