Burn Wise - Where You Live
Many state and local air agencies are working to reduce wood smoke emissions through public education, changeout campaigns, incentives or tax credits, or ordinances and regulations. Find your state in the drop-down menu and click "go" for more details or to report a smoke nuisance.
Select a state below and press "go."
For states that do not have specific information about wood smoke, we link directly to the state air agency home page or related page. You may want to search those sites for information about "air toxics" or "particle pollution."
- Bay Area Wood-Burning
- Bay Area - Spare the Air Program
- North Coast Unified AQMD - Wood Stove Changeout Program
- Sacramento Co – Fireplaces and Woodstoves
- San Joaquin Co. – Wood-Burning Fireplaces, Stoves and Heaters
- Yolo-Solano AQMD –Don't Light Tonight