An official website of the United States government.

We've made some changes to If the information you are looking for is not here, you may be able to find it on the EPA Web Archive or the January 19, 2017 Web Snapshot.

Grants Mining District

Contact Us About the Grants Mining District

Report an environmental violation

Report a Violation

Report possible violations of environmental laws and regulations.

For general questions regarding the Five-Year Plan:

Chris Villarreal (
Environmental Protection Agency
(214) 665-6758

For questions regarding legacy uranium mines:

Kevin Shade (
U.S. EPA Region 6
(214) 665-2708

Holland Shephard (
New Mexico Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department
(505) 476-3437

Bill Auby (
Bureau of Land Management
(505) 954-2159

Nancy Rose (
United States Forest Service
(505) 346-3900

For questions regarding former uranium mills:

Rich Bush (
Department of Energy
(970) 248-6073

Lydia Chang (
Nuclear Regulatory Commission
(301) 415-8141

For questions regarding assessment of potentially contaminated residential structures:

Warren Zehner (
Environmental Protection Agency
(281) 983-2229

For questions regarding assessment of groundwater impacted by legacy uranium activities:

Mark Garman (
New Mexico Environment Department
(505) 827-2903

For questions regarding investigation activities at the Jackpile Mine:

Petra Sanchez (
Environmental Protection Agency
(214) 665-6686

For questions regarding public health surveillance of uranium in the Grants Mining District:

Heidi Krapfl (
New Mexico Department of Health
(505) 476-3577

Not sure who to contact?

Fill out and submit the form below and we will send your comment or question to the correct party.

Please use the form below to send us comments or questions. Be sure to include your e-mail address if you'd like a response.

Please enter a name to address you by.
Please enter your comments.