The objectives of the Summary of Groundwater Quality Impacts of Uranium Mining and Milling Activities in the Grants Mining District, New Mexico (1975) include:
- Assess the impacts of waste discharges from uranium mining and milling on surface waters and ground waters of the Grants Mining District.
- Determine if discharges comply with all applicable regulations, standards, permits, and licenses.
- Evaluate the adequacy of company water quality monitoring networks, self-monitoring data, analytical procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Determine the composition of potable waters at uranium mines and mills.
- Develop priorities for subsequent monitoring and other follow-up studies.