Renewable Energy on Tribal Lands
This page contains presentations from the Brown to Green: Make the Connection to Renewable Energy workshop held in Santa Fe, New Mexico, during December 10-11, 2008. For a detailed summary of each presentation, view the Brown to Green: Make the Connection to Renewable Energy Workshop Notes.
Pueblo of Jemez Solar Project was presented by Greg Kaufman, Environmental Scientist, Jemez Pueblo. Greg Kaufman provides:
- an overview of the Pueblo of Jemez,
- site issues,
- how to develop a renewable energy project on tribal lands,
- an update on the progress of the project, and
- project financing and benefits.
Green Development in Native Communities was presented by David Melton, President/CEO, Sacred Power Corporation. David Melton described
- Sacred Power,
- off-grid projects, and
- environmental impacts.
Tribal Energy Program: Renewable Energy Development on Tribal Lands was presented by Sandra K. Begay-Campbell, Principal, Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratory. Sandra Begay-Campbell discussed
- renewable energy resources and tecnology,
- the Department of Energy's Tribal Energy Program, and
- Sandia National Laboratories.