Pharmaceuticals and Controlled Substances and Demolition
If pharmaceuticals or other controlled substances are found in residential properties awaiting demolition:
- Contact your local law enforcement agency about proper handling of any controlled substances or related waste, e.g., in a former meth lab.
- Contact your local and state waste management authorities for guidance on discarding other unwanted pharmaceuticals. Take-back programs or household hazardous waste collection programs may be available.
- Management of Pharmaceutical Hazardous Waste
- Collecting and Disposing of Unwanted Medicines
- (Food and Drug Administration) How to Dispose of Unused Medicines