An official website of the United States government.


Can a training provider that is accredited only in an authorized State teach a course in an out-of-state location that would lead to certification in the authorized State?

Answer: Because the training provider is not Federally-accredited and is not offering a course that would lead to EPA certification, the Federal lead-based paint program regulations do not apply. However, EPA recommends that the training provider discuss applicable State program requirements with the authorized State. 

Question Number: 23002-33460

Find a printable PDF copy of all frequent questions pertaining to lead.