An official website of the United States government.


If I complete an EPA-accredited abatement course and receive EPA certification where am I eligible to work?

Answer: EPA runs the Federal abatement program under Subpart L in all States and Indian Tribes that have not received authorization under Subpart Q to operate their own programs.  If you are certified by EPA under the lead-based paint abatement program you are eligible to work in all EPA administered jurisdictions.  Find the current list of jurisdictions where EPA runs the lead abatement program.  

Question Number: 23002-33446

Find a printable PDF copy of all frequent questions pertaining to lead.