An official website of the United States government.


If I completed renovator training in an authorized state, what do I need to do to work for an EPA certified firm in EPA-administered jurisdictions?

Answer: There are no additional requirements.  To become a certified renovator or certified dust sampling technician, an individual must successfully complete the appropriate course accredited by EPA or by an EPA-authorized state or tribal program.  The course completion certificate serves as proof of certification. 

For a list of states, tribes and territories authorized by EPA to administer their own programs, please refer to the “firm certification” tab on the RRP page for contractors.

Question Number: 23002-18511

Find a printable PDF copy of all frequent questions pertaining to lead.