An official website of the United States government.


When applying for recertification in the Federal program, what types of accreditation are acceptable for refresher courses?

For the refresher training requirement, an individual can take courses that are accredited by either the Federal program or an EPA-authorized State or Tribal program. While the regulatory language regarding recertification does not specify whether “accredited refresher training course” includes courses accredited by EPA-authorized States and Territories, this interpretation is consistent with the approach taken for initial certification, wherein a valid certificate from an authorized State or Tribal program (see 745.226(a)(1)(ii)) is considered equivalent to a certificate issued by a Federally accredited training provider.  (For initial certification, the Federal program allows individuals to obtain their training through either the Federal program or a Federally authorized State or Tribal Program.) 

Question Number: 23002-33464

Find a printable PDF copy of all frequent questions pertaining to lead.