How do I get rid of mold?
It is impossible to get rid of all mold and mold spores indoors; some mold spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust. The mold spores will not grow if moisture is not present. Indoor mold growth can and should be prevented or controlled by controlling moisture indoors. If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold, but don't fix the water problem, then, most likely, the mold problem will come back.
It's important to remember:
- The key to mold control is moisture control.
- If mold is a problem in your home, you should clean up the mold promptly and fix the water problem.
- It is important to dry water-damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
For more information:
- Read: What are the Basic Mold Cleanup Steps?
- Read the publication, "A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture, and Your Home"
- Una Breve Guía para el Moho, la Humedad y su Hogar está disponible en el formato PDF
- Visit the Mold Website