Programs and Projects of the Office of General Counsel (OGC)
Welcome to EPA’s Office of General Counsel
The Office of General Counsel (OGC) is the chief legal advisor and counselor to EPA, the federal agency with primary responsibility for implementing the nation’s environmental laws. OGC employees provide legal and other counsel to EPA policy-makers, thus providing critical input to rules, regulations, and guidance documents that are promulgated and issued to implement the Agency’s statutory obligations. Learn more about what OGC does and how it is organized.
Sign Up for Litigation Notifications
To receive notice of new lawsuits filed against EPA, sign up using OGC’s automated system. The system allows you to choose the statutes or subject areas of particular interest, manage preferences, and unsubscribe at any time.
EPA Legal Tools to Advance Environmental Justice
View Publication page: EPA Legal Tools to Advance Environmental Justice
- Notices of intent to sue EPA
- Complaints and petitions for review
- Proposed Consent Decrees and Draft Settlement Agreements
- Sign Up To Receive Notices of New NOIs, Cases, and Proposed Settlements
- Memo from Administrator Regan Concerning Consent Decrees and Settlement Agreements to Resolve Environmental Claims Against the Agency (pdf)