Energy Efficiency Opportunities in Industrial Refrigeration
This webinar presented an overview of vapor cycle refrigeration systems, particularly in the context of industrial refrigeration and cooling applications. It covered main components including compressors, evaporators, and condensers, followed by energy savings opportunities in these systems, including the more standard recommendations such as compressor staging/variable speed drives, evaporator controls, and defrost cycle optimization, and more advanced opportunities such as floating head-pressure control, and compressor heat recovery. Opportunities in the refrigerated space such as destratification and infiltration management were also covered.
- Ralph Nigro, P.E., University of Delaware
- Keith Goossen, PhD, University of Delaware
- Peter Piergiovanni, P.E., EPA
- Watch the webinar recording.
- View the webinar slides below.
- Register for upcoming P2 webinars.
- Review past P2 webinars.