Pollution Prevention Opportunities in the Metal Finishing Sector
The National Center for Manufacturing Sciences (NCMS) covered their recently completed metal finishing pollution prevention (P2) work funded under EPA Region 5’s Source Reduction Assistance Grant Program. The focus of the presentation was the Rinsing Manual that was developed through the project; an overview of the project and a demonstration of the drip calculator tool (XLSX) (33 K) were also provided. The Rinsing Manual is a new online resource developed under the project for evaluating and improving rinsing systems in the metal finishing sector. During the P2 project, the manual was used to help a Michigan metal finishing shop reduce water use and sludge generation and these results were also discussed.
- Lisa Stobierski, National Center for Manufacturing Sciences
- George Cushnie, CAI Resources, Inc (NCMS contractor)
- Watch a recording of this webinar.
- View the webinar slides below.
- Register for upcoming P2 webinars.
- Review past P2 webinars.