Potential SBAR Panel: C.I. Pigment Violet 29 (PV29) Risk Management Rulemaking Under the Toxic Substances Control Act
What is the Implication of the Proposed Action on Small Entities?
Entities potentially regulated by this rulemaking include those relevant to 10 conditions of use that EPA determined present an unreasonable risk, including domestic manufacturing, import, processing uses of PV29, recycling, some industrial and commercial uses of PV29 (such as paintings and coatings in the automobile sector, and merchant ink for commercial printing), and disposal. A full list of conditions of use subject to this rulemaking is in the non-technical summary of the PV29 risk evaluation.
Additional information about the PV29 risk management rulemaking under TSCA is available on EPA's Risk Management for C.I. Pigment Violet 29 (PV29) web page.
What is a Small Business Advocacy Review Panel?
How Can I Get Involved?
Who Should I Contact?
- Qualify as “small” under SBA’s definition AND expect to be directly subject to requirements of the proposed rule; or
- Exclusively represent or at least primarily represent potentially regulated small entities (e.g., a trade association that exclusively or primarily represents small entities). Nominees such as these will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Your name
- Name of your company, governmental jurisdiction, or not-for-profit organization
- Size of your company, governmental jurisdiction, or not-for-profit organization
- If you are representing a business, you may confirm that your business meets the definition of “small” by consulting SBA’s web page on size standards. Please provide the primary North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for your firm and either average annual receipts or average annual employment for your firm corresponding to the definition of small for your primary NAICS code. Note that a ‘firm’ includes parent company and all subsidiaries.
- A small governmental jurisdiction means governments of cities, counties, towns, townships, villages, school districts, or special districts, with a population of less than 50,000.
- A small organization means any not-for-profit enterprise which is independently owned and operated and is not dominant in its field.
- If you are with a group such as a trade association that represents small entities, please provide a list of your members, the size of your members (if possible), and a qualitative statement describing how your group can truly represent only the unique interests of your members that qualify as small entities.
- Contact information (including phone number and email address)
- USE THIS AS THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL: SER Self-Nomination for PV29 Risk Management Rulemaking under the Toxic Substances Control Act