Final Rule for Control of Emissions of Air Pollution From New Marine Compression Ignition Engines at or Above 37 kW
EPA is issuing a final rule with first-time standards for new marine diesel engines. We refer to these as Tier 2 standards to recognize that standards already apply internationally under MARPOL Annex VI.
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Referenced Tier Level
- Tier 2
- Regulatory Impact Analysis (PDF)(132 pp, 966K, EPA-420-R-99-026, published November 1999)
- Summary and Analysis of Comments (PDF)(94 pp, 410K, EPA-420-R-99-028, published November 1999)
- Emission Standards for New Commercial Marine Diesel Engines (PDF)(2 pp, 9K, EPA-420-F-99-043, November 1999)
Technical Support Documents
- In-Use Marine Diesel Fuel (PDF)(21 pp, 68K, EPA-420-R-99-027, August 1999)
- Incremental Cost Estimates for Marine Diesel Engine Technology Improvements (PDF)(48 pp, 182K, EPA-420-R-98-021, September 1998)
- Emission Standards for Marine Diesel Engines: Scope of Application (PDF)(4 pp, 16K, EPA-420-F-00-006, February 2000)