Final Rule for Control of Emissions of Air Pollution From New Marine Compression Ignition Engines at or Above 37 kW
EPA is issuing a final rule with first-time standards for new marine diesel engines. We refer to these as Tier 2 standards to recognize that standards already apply internationally under MARPOL Annex VI.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Referenced Tier Level
- Tier 2
- Regulatory Impact Analysis (PDF)(132 pp, 966K, EPA-420-R-99-026, published November 1999)
- Summary and Analysis of Comments (PDF)(94 pp, 410K, EPA-420-R-99-028, published November 1999)
- Emission Standards for New Commercial Marine Diesel Engines (PDF)(2 pp, 9K, EPA-420-F-99-043, November 1999)
Technical Support Documents
- In-Use Marine Diesel Fuel (PDF)(21 pp, 68K, EPA-420-R-99-027, August 1999)
- Incremental Cost Estimates for Marine Diesel Engine Technology Improvements (PDF)(48 pp, 182K, EPA-420-R-98-021, September 1998)
- Emission Standards for Marine Diesel Engines: Scope of Application (PDF)(4 pp, 16K, EPA-420-F-00-006, February 2000)