Final Rule for Control of Emissions of Hazardous Air Pollutants From Mobile Sources - 40 CFR Parts 80 and 86
On this page:
This action addresses emissions of hazardous air pollutants (HAPs) from motor vehicles and their fuels. Hazardous air pollutants refer to a range of compounds that are known or suspected to have serious health or environmental impacts. Motor vehicles are significant contributors to national emissions of several hazardous air pollutants, notably benzene, formaldehyde, 1,3-butadiene, acetaldehyde, and diesel particulate matter and diesel exhaust organic gases.
- Final Rule (PDF)(45 pp, 383 K, published March 29, 2001)
- Technical Support Document (PDF)(195 pp, 415 K, EPA-420-R-00-023, December 2000)
- Response to Comments (PDF)(140 pp, 415 K, EPA-420-F-00-024, December 2000)
- Questions and Answers: Control of Emissions of Hazardous Air Pollutants From Mobile Sources (PDF)(8 pp, 28 K, EPA420-F-01-031, October 2001)
- Fact Sheet: Control of Emissions of Hazardous Air Pollutants From Mobile Sources (PDF)(3 pp, 40 K, EPA-420-F-00-055, December 2000)