Guidance Documents related to Annex VI Standards for Marine Diesel Engines and Fuel
- North American and U.S. Caribbean Sea ECA – Understanding Compliance Issues (PDF) (7 pp, 69 K, December 2016, EPA-420-F-16-055)
- Frequently Asked Questions about how to obtain an Engine International Air Pollution Prevention (EIAPP) Certificate (PDF) (6 pp, 146 K, EPA 420-F-09-006a, February 2009)
- Emission Standards for New Marine Diesel Engines: Relationship Between EPA's Control Program and MARPOL Annex VI (PDF) (6 pp, 216 K, EPA 420-F-02-004, April 2002)
- EPA Guidance on Use of Distillate Fuel for North American ECA Compliance (PDF) (1 pp, 25 K, EPA-420-F-14-060, November 2014)
- EPA Guidance on ECA Marine Fuel (PDF) (8 pp, 117 K, EPA-420-B-14-097, December 2014)
- Frequently Asked Questions: MARPOL 73/78 Annex VI Marine Diesel Engine Requirements (PDF) (8 pp, 32 K, EPA-420-F-99-038, October 1999)
- Fuel Oil Non-Availability: see discussion at MARPOL Annex VI and the Act To Prevent Pollution From Ships (APPS).