Resources for States and Tribes about Soil Fumigant Training
This page includes information and resources that state and tribal agencies can use in implementing these requirements.
Although not required, state and tribal agencies may seek EPA’s approval and provide applicators with an alternative to registrant-sponsored training. The following documents:
- explain the training options available,
- provide guidance on obtaining EPA approval of a training program, and
identify resources that are available to states and tribes.
- Training and Exam Options for Pesticide Applicators of Soil Fumigant Products - Includes training and exam options, as well as the criteria and content check list for soil fumigant training programs.
- How to Seek EPA Approval for Pesticide Applicator Soil Fumigation Exams as an Alternative to Registrant-sponsored Training - This guidance document is for states and tribes interested in pursuing EPA approval of a training program or exam.
- Options and Issues Related to Applicator Training - Provides information in Q&A format for states and tribes on topics such as the National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA) Research Foundation manual and exam, approval of state training programs, and how to determine whether an applicator has completed the registrant training program.
- NASDARF Soil Fumigation Manual (PDF)(128 pp, 10.8 MB, About PDF) (National Association of State Departments of Agriculture Research Foundation, 2012) -- This manual is a resource for states and tribes to use in developing or updating certification and training programs.