On May 25, 2018, EPA issued a Federal Register notice announcing information on letter peer reviews of EPA’s 1) Exposure and Use Assessment and 2) Human Health and Environmental Hazard Summary for the five persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic (PBT) chemicals selected for expedited review under the amended Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). Learn more about the five PBT chemicals selected for expedited review under TSCA.
Preparatory Webcast Meeting
OnJune 25, 2018, EPA held a prepatory webcast meeting for experts selected to serve as letter peer reviewers to comment on and ask questions regarding the scope and clarity of the draft charge questions to be used in completing their reviews.
Written Comments on Peer Review Documents
EPA is accepting public comments on the charge questions and other documents to be considered by the peer reviewers. These materials are available below and in docket EPA-HQ-OPPT-2018-0314. Written comments on these materials must be submitted by July 23, 2018 to be considered by the letter peer reviewers. Though the peer reviewers may not be able to fully consider written comments submitted after July 23, 2018, EPA will consider all comments submitted on or before August 17, 2018. Written comments may be submitted to docket EPA-HQ-OPPT-2018-0314 through www.regulations.gov. The list of experts is also available below and in the docket.
Additional information may be found in the docket (www.regulations.gov; docket EPA-HQ-OPPT-2018-0314) or by contacting the Peer Review Leader, Todd Peterson, Ph.D. (email@example.com or 202-564-6428).You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Agenda for June 25, 2018 Preparatory Webcast Meeting (PDF)(1 pg, 44 K)
- Transmittal Memo Letter Review for PBTs (PDF)(2 pp, 260 K)
- Environmental and Human Health Hazard Study for Five PBT Chemicals (PDF)(39 pp, 1 MB)
- Environmental and Human Health Hazard Summary Peer Review Charge Questions (PDF)(2 pp, 369 K)
- Exposure and Use Assessment for Five PBT Chemicals (PDF)(190 pp, 8 MB)
- Exposure and Use Assessment Peer Review Charge Questions (PDF)(2 pp, 367 K)
- Supplemental Information for Exposure and Use Assessment PBTs (PDF)(94 pp, 4 MB)
- Biographical Sketches for Experts to Serve on Letter Peer Review (PDF)(13 pp, 85 K)