December 17th, 2019, 2 - 4 p.m. EST
Bradley Watson, CSO Executive Director Terri Johnson, EPA OWOW Curt Storlazzi, USGS Susan Jackson, EPA OST Jordan West, EPA ORD
Summary: This is the first webinar in a five-part coastal series taking place over the coming year hosted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Watershed Academy in partnership with the Coastal States Organization (CSO). This webinar will provide information on tools and products that water quality, coastal watershed, and coral reef professionals can use in coral reef conservation and protection practices at the state and local level.
The four presentations will discuss:
1) EPA’s role in protecting coral reefs under the Clean Water Act;
2) The Biological Condition Gradient and how it has been modified for use to protect coral reefs in the Caribbean;
3) A recent publication in which U.S. Geological Survey researchers were able to calculate the economic value of coral reefs for flood protection; and
4) The Adaptation Design Tool, a U.S. Coral Reef Task Force product designed to help coral reef managers incorporate climate-smart design into their programs and projects at any stage of planning and implementation.
- Adaptive Management Strategies for Ridge to Reef Conservation Flyer (PDF)(1 pg, 390 K, 11/26/2019)
- PowerPoint presentation for Dec. 17, 2019 Webcast (PDF)(32 pp, 4 MB)