The Water Data Collaborative: Citizen Science Monitoring Data And Data Sharing
The Collaborative seeks to expand activities related to the Internet of Water (IoW), a vision for improving data flow between typically fragmented water sectors, in order to proactively engage citizen science in non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Active facilitation by the Collaborative has allowed for seamless integration of water data into the IoW technical framework, maximizing the potential for data to be included in public policy and community decision-making.
This webcast will be of interest to groups at every stage of the water quality monitoring process and will cover:
- a discussion of best practices and the need for planning and implementing a study design to ensure asuccessful monitoring program,
- a live demonstration of tools to visualize and simplify data management using machine-readable data, and
- a conversation on how to conduct a GIS-based analysis that leverages existing EPA Water Quality Portal data and other data sources to inform on-the-ground watershed restoration efforts.
- Flyer for May 9, 2019 Webcast (PDF)(1 pg, 191 K)
- PowerPoint presentation for May 9, 2019 Webcast (PDF)(43 pp, 9 MB)