Watershed Academy Web Training Certificate
About Watershed Academy Web
The Watershed Academy's distance learning program — Watershed Academy Web — is a set of self-paced training modules that represents a basic, but broad introduction to watershed management. This program's goal is to provide useful information to local, state and tribal efforts aimed at improving the health of our Nation's waters by protecting and managing their watersheds.
These training modules cover the most important watershed management topics. Watershed managers, local officials, involved citizens, decision makers and others should have at least an introductory level of knowledge about these topics. Web modules resemble interactive guest lectures by leaders in watershed management. Unlike an average technical paper, many modules are visually rich and contain 25 to 50 color illustrations and photos. A module typically contains many links for those seeking greater detail, while module-specific glossaries are there for beginners. Self-tests enable trainees to check their retention and see immediate results.
The length and complexity of each module varies, but most are at the college freshman level of instruction and require a ½ hour to two hours each to complete. Completing a series of 15 of these modules earns the Watershed Academy Web Training Certificate.
Watershed Management Training Certificate
You can document your learning by meeting the requirements for Watershed Academy Web's Watershed Management Training Certificate. This certificate program recognizes trainees who complete 15 modules and pass their self-tests.
People from every state in the United States and more than 50 countries have completed the certificate program. They include scientists and non-scientists; local, state and federal agency staff; community leaders; consultants; college students and teachers; active citizens, and others.
Certificate Program Rules:
- No registration, admission or tuition is necessary; this program is open to everyone worldwide, at any time and is completely internet-based.
- Trainees must complete a minimum of 15 modules, a minimum of 12 of which must be from the core modules list.
- We recommend completing all 15 modules from the core modules list, but trainees may substitute alternate choices for up to three core modules in which their training is already sufficient.
- All core modules have self-tests which trainees must pass with a grade of 70% or higher (retesting is permitted). Copies of self-tests or test grades do not have to be emailed to the Watershed Academy – this is an honor-system-based program.
- We do not have an arrangement for offering academic credit to all certificate earners, but obtaining academic credit is often possible through individual arrangements with college professors as part of an independent study, undergraduate or graduate program.
- After completing all certificate requirements, you can download and print your certificate. If you have any questions, send an email to Watershed Academy.