Conflict Prevention and Resolution Center
The Conflict Prevention and Resolution Center (CPRC) is the EPA's primary resource for services and expertise in the areas of consensus-building, collaborative problem solving, alternative dispute resolution, and environmental conflict resolution.
NEW! Watch a video about our work here.
CPRC provides the following services to EPA managers and staff:
- Assistance in retaining professional facilitators and mediators experienced in environmental conflicts.
- Workshops and seminars aimed at strengthening staff negotiation and consensus-building skills.
- Situation assessments and stakeholder assessments, aimed at helping parties to identify the best way to move forward and building support.
- Expert one-on-one advice on addressing difficult programmatic issues and effective negotiation strategy.
Experience within EPA and elsewhere shows that these techniques for preventing and resolving conflicts can have many benefits including:
- Faster resolution of issues
- More creative, satisfying and enduring solutions
- Reduced transaction costs
- Improved working relationships
- Increased stakeholder support for Agency programs
EPA Managers and Staff - We've recently updated our Intranet site. Please visit us here or click the button below.
Facilitation Cost Estimator and Stakeholder Input Organizer Tool (EPA Only) - The facilitation cost estimator and stakeholder input organizer tool allow EPA employees to check the cost of getting a professional facilitator or mediator for your project and think about the goals of your stakeholder process.