Agenda for Public Meeting - Procedural Rule for Chemical Prioritization under TSCA as amended by the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act - August 10, 2016
Purpose: To hear from the public prior to development of a proposed procedural rule regarding prioritization of chemicals for further risk evaluation under new TSCA.
9:30 – 10:00 Introduction and Welcome
- Wendy Cleland-Hamnett – Director, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT)
- Alice Tome – Moderator, Abt Associates
10:00 – 10:30 Background: Methodology for Chemical Prioritization under old TSCA
- Maria Doa – Director, Chemical Control Division, OPPT
10:30 – 10:45 Break
10:45 – 12:15 Public Comment
12:15 – 1:15 Lunch Break
1:15 – 3:00 Public Comment (Call in speakers)
3:00 – 3:15 Break
3:15 – 4:30 Public Comment
Submit written comments and materials, identified by the relevant docket ID number for the meeting on the process for prioritization - docket ID EPA-HQ-OPPT-2016-0399 - by one of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments. Do not submit electronically any information you consider to be Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute.
- Mail: Document Control Office (7407M), Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001.
- Hand Delivery: Please follow the instructions at http://www.epa.gov/dockets/contacts.html.
A meeting summary and any additional information will be posted on the EPA’s Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act webpage.