Explore the Automotive Trends Data
The interactive data tools below provide a way to explore public data from the 2018 EPA Automotive Trends Report. The summary data are aggregated at the vehicle type, regulatory class, and fleetwide levels for model years 1975-2018. All 2018 values are preliminary.
Quick tips to utilize the interactive data tools, below:
- Hover your mouse over points on the graph to reveal data.
- Change the graph displayed by clicking on the y-axis label and selecting the variable of interest (MPG, CO2, Production Share, Weight, Footprint, or Horsepower).
- Filter the data by clicking on trend lines or years in the graph or the legend. Apply the selection by clicking on green box with a check mark.
- Alternatively, scroll down to use the “Filter the Data” panes or the data table, to filter by Model Year, Vehicle Type, or Regulatory Class.
- Selections will be highlighted in green and appear in the grey toolbar. Cancel or clear a selection by clicking the red box with an X, or use the grey tool bar at the top.
Note: This page uses summary data made public in March 2019. Updated data is released annually with the publication of the report. Users of the data are encouraged to read the About the Data page and download and review the Appendices to the Full Report to fully understand the data.
Suggested data citation: US Environmental Protection Agency. 2018 EPA Automotive Trends Report. Data available at www.epa.gov/automotive-trends/explore-automotive-trends-data. Accessed Month DD, YYYY.