On December 29, 2010, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency established the Chesapeake Bay Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL). The report is available for viewing below. Due to the length of the report, it is divided by sections and appendices. The Executive Summary outlines the background, development, accountability features and allocations of the TMDL. Sections 1 through 14 serve as the main report and provide much more detail.
Click on the links below to read through the different portions of the report.
You may need a PDF reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Executive Summary (PDF)(14 pp, 623 K)
- Section 1-3: Introduction, Watershed Impairment Description, Chesapeake Bay Water Quality Standards (PDF)(93 pp, 6 MB)
- Section 4: Sources of Nutrients and Sediment to the Chesapeake Bay (PDF)(44 pp, 2 MB)
- Section 5: Chesapeake Bay Monitoring and Modeling Frameworks (PDF)(45 pp, 6 MB)
- Section 6: Chesapeake Bay TMDL Development (PDF)(53 pp, 3 MB)
- Section 7: Reasonable Assurance and Accountability Framework (PDF)(12 pp, 405 K)
- Section 8: Watershed Implementation Plan Evaluation and Resultant Allocations (PDF)(33 pp, 467 K)
- Section 9: Chesapeake Bay TMDLs (PDF)(34 pp, 757 K)
- Section 10: Implementation and Adaptive Management (PDF)(8 pp, 196 K)
- Sections 11-14: Public Participation, References, Glossary, and Abbreviations (PDF)(30 pp, 321 K)