The following is a list of important correspondence sent by EPA to the Bay jurisdictions outlining the Chesapeake Bay TMDL development and EPA's expectations for Watershed Implementation Plans (WIPs) and milestones. Bay jurisdictions include Delaware, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia.
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- September 11, 2008 - EPA Letter to PSC on Chesapeake Bay TMDL Development (PDF)(8 pp, 5 MB)
- November 3, 2009 - EPA Letter to PSC on Preliminary Basinwide Targets for Nitrogen and Phosphorus (PDF)(5 pp, 934 K)
- November 4, 2009 EPA Letter to PSC Outlining EPA's Expectations for Watershed Implementation Plans (WIPs) (PDF)(37 pp, 28 MB)
- December 29, 2009 - EPA Letter to PSC on the Chesapeake Bay Accountability Framework and Federal Actions (PDF)(12 pp, 3 MB)
- April 2, 2010 - EPA Guide for the States Regarding EPA's Evaluation of Phase I WIPs (PDF)(17 pp, 288 K)
- June 11, 2010 - EPA Letter to PSC Outlining the Schedule for TMDL Implementation (PDF)(4 pp, 2 MB)
- July 1, 2010 - EPA Letter to State Secretaries Outlining the Bay TMDL Draft Nitrogen and Phosphorus Allocations (PDF)(10 pp, 5 MB)
- July 10, 2010 - Urban Stormwater Approach for the Mid-Atlantic Region and the Chesapeake Bay Watershed (PDF)(7 pp, 469 K)
- August 13, 2010 - EPA Letter to State Secretaries Outlining the Bay TMDL Draft Sediment Allocations (PDF)(5 pp, 935 K)
- March 11, 2011 EPA Guide for Chesapeake Bay Jurisdictions for the Development of Phase II Watershed Implementation Plans (PDF)(6 pp, 50 K)
- April 29, 2011 EPA Guide for Federal Lands and Facilities' Role in Chesapeake Bay Jurisdictions Phase II Watershed Implementation Plans (PDF)(7 pp, 256 K)
- July 6, 2011 Guide for Chesapeake Bay Water Quality Two-year Milestones (PDF)(9 pp, 488 K)
- January 19, 2017 - EPA's Interim Expectations for the Phase III Watershed Implementation Plans (PDF)(10 pp, 563 K)
- April 27, 2017 – EPA’s State-specific Phase III WIP Expectations for Pennsylvania (PDF)(6 pp, 495 K)