To assist the Bay jurisdictions in strengthening their trading and offset programs, EPA is developing a series of technical memoranda. Bay jurisdictions include Delaware, Maryland, New York, Pennsyvlania, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. The memoranda will also provide EPA, the jurisdictions with a framework for determining whether trading and offset program elements meet EPA expectations. To view the memoranda, please click on the links below.
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Establishing Offset and Trading Baselines in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed - EPA Technical Memorandum (PDF)(6 pp, 558 K)
- Net Improvement Offsets for New or Increased Loads - EPA Technical Memorandum (PDF)(4 pp, 426 K)
- Sector Load Growth Demonstration (PDF)(10 pp, 199 K)
- Accounting for Uncertainty in Offset and Trading (PDF)(12 pp, 585 K)
- Local Water Quality Protection when Using Credits for NPDES Permits (PDF)(12 pp, 183 K)
- Evaluation of Sampling Variability in Chesapeake Bay Wastewater (PDF)(30 pp, 604 K)
- Components of Credit Calculation (PDF)(13 pp, 2 MB)
- Permanence of Credits Used for NPDES Permit Issuance and Compliance (PDF)(6 pp, 971 K)
- Certification and Verification of Offset and Trading Credits in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed (PDF)(11 pp, 895 K)
- Discussion Paper: Considerations for Interstate Trading and Offsets in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed (PDF)(15 pp, 960 K, 08-21-2017)