To assist the Bay jurisdictions in strengthening their trading and offset programs, EPA is developing a series of technical memoranda. Bay jurisdictions include Delaware, Maryland, New York, Pennsyvlania, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. The memoranda will also provide EPA, the jurisdictions with a framework for determining whether trading and offset program elements meet EPA expectations. To view the memoranda, please click on the links below.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Establishing Offset and Trading Baselines in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed - EPA Technical Memorandum (PDF)(6 pp, 558 K)
- Net Improvement Offsets for New or Increased Loads - EPA Technical Memorandum (PDF)(4 pp, 426 K)
- Sector Load Growth Demonstration (PDF)(10 pp, 199 K)
- Accounting for Uncertainty in Offset and Trading (PDF)(12 pp, 585 K)
- Local Water Quality Protection when Using Credits for NPDES Permits (PDF)(12 pp, 183 K)
- Evaluation of Sampling Variability in Chesapeake Bay Wastewater (PDF)(30 pp, 604 K)
- Components of Credit Calculation (PDF)(13 pp, 2 MB)
- Permanence of Credits Used for NPDES Permit Issuance and Compliance (PDF)(6 pp, 971 K)
- Certification and Verification of Offset and Trading Credits in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed (PDF)(11 pp, 895 K)
- Discussion Paper: Considerations for Interstate Trading and Offsets in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed (PDF)(15 pp, 960 K, 08-21-2017)