Children's Health Curriculum Lesson 8: Sustainable Eating, Healthy Foods, and Community Gardens
This lesson describes what foods we should eat to stay healthy and how to eat food that helps both the Earth and everything on it stay healthy.
Kids Will Be Able To:
- define sustainable, local, community garden, and nutrition;
- explain how air, water, food (soil), shelter, and sun impact gardens and food; and
- discuss the connection between climate change and food, and clean waterways and food.
How to Get This Lesson:
- The complete lesson plan offers everything you need, including all visual materials.
Download the complete lesson plan
Download parts of the lesson plan
Lesson Cards (PDF) (10 pp, 3 MB)
Handouts for students:
Take Home Talk (PDF) (2 pp, 4 MB)
- Let's Move Campaign - lesson plans, resources, and kid-focused information on balanced nutrition and increasing physical activity.