CIMC - How to Download Data
This page explains how to download data from Cleanups in My Community (CIMC)
- Select your geography (see "About the Data" page for more details on how to select geography in CIMC).
- Make sure you have chosen what you want to include in your download ("cleanup types" or "Brownfield grant jurisdictions"). You may also use the "filter cleanup type" or "grant filters" drop down menus to further refine the data you want to download.
- When you have made your data and geographic selections, choose "list it", next to the geography you chose.
- You can choose to open or save the resulting list of cleanups on the "Cleanups in My Community List Results" page to a CSV file format that can be opened in table format in commonly used software. Go to the bottom left corner of the page and click on "Export to CSV". Your computer interface will walk you through the process of opening the file or saving the file to your computer. The download will include all the results records, even if they do not all appear on the results page. You may view the additional pages by clicking "Next" in the lower right corner of the page.
Additional Data may be Downloaded for Brownfields Properties:
- After following the previous steps for Downloading Data from CIMC, go to the bottom of the CIMC List Results page, and click on the button on the right called "Click for More Brownfields Info".
- On the "Advanced Brownfields Property Search" page, choose the additional categories of data you want, and then click on Submit. The results will display on the "Advanced Brownfields Property List Results" page. Only Brownfields properties will be shown in this view and will be available for download with these additional fields. Only the first 15 records will be shown initially. You may view the additional pages by clicking "Next" in the lower right corner of the page.
- On the "Advanced Brownfields Property List Results" page, go to the bottom left corner of the page and click on "Export to CSV". Your computer interface will walk you through the process of opening the file or saving the file to your computer. All the list results will be downloaded, for all the columns, whether they appear on the first page of list results or not.
Note: Multiple lines for a property may appear if a property received multiple funding sources from EPA and/or reported multiple accomplishments at a particular property.