Cleanup Laws, Regulations and Guidance
RCRA Corrective Action
RCRA is the Resources Conservation and Recovery Act - a state delegated program that includes solid and hazardous waste management and corrective action when hazardous waste accidents occur.
- Summary of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Regulatory Information: RCRA corrective action
- RCRA Online - RCRA policies and guidances
Superfund is the program for cleaning up abandoned hazardous waste sites.
- Summary of the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (Superfund)
- Regulatory information: Superfund
- Policy, guidance and laws
The Federal Facilities program supports hazardous waste cleanups at federal facilities.
- Enforcement and Compliance Resources - includes statutes and executive orders, policies and guidance for environmental enforcement at federal facilities
Brownfields grants include those that address assessments and cleanups on potentially usable property.
- Laws and Regulations - Brownfields and Land Revitalization
Underground Storage Tanks
The Underground Storage Tanks (UST) program oversees the state delegated program that addresses USTs and Leaking USTs.
This program addresses all kinds of emergencies including oil spills on land and inland waters.
Enforcement and Compliance
- Cleanup Policy and Guidance, Models and Publications
- Enforcement policy, guidance and publications
- Waste, chemical and cleanup enforcement policy, guidance and publications