Cleanup Laws, Regulations and Guidance
RCRA Corrective Action
RCRA is the Resources Conservation and Recovery Act - a state delegated program that includes solid and hazardous waste management and corrective action when hazardous waste accidents occur.
- Summary of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Regulatory Information: RCRA corrective action (Scroll down to the section on RCRA)
- RCRA Online - RCRA policies and guidances
Superfund is the program for cleaning up abandoned hazardous waste sites.
- Summary of the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (Superfund)
- Regulatory information: Superfund (Scroll down to the section on Superfund)
- Policy, guidance and laws
The Federal Facilities program supports hazardous waste cleanups at federal facilities.
- Enforcement and Compliance Resources - includes statutes and executive orders, policies and guidance for environmental enforcement at federal facilities
Brownfields grants include those that address assessments and cleanups on potentially usable property.
- Summary of the Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act
- Regulatory Information: Browfields (scroll down to the section on Brownfields)
- Laws and Regulations - Brownfields and Land Revitalization
Underground Storage Tanks
The Underground Storage Tanks (UST) program oversees the state delegated program that addresses USTs and Leaking USTs.
- Underground Storage Tanks Laws and Regulations
- Regulatory Information: Underground Storage Tanks (scroll down to the section on Underground Storage Tanks)
- UST Policy and Guidance
This program addresses all kinds of emergencies including oil spills on land and inland waters.
Enforcement and Compliance
- Cleanup Policy and Guidance, Models and Publications
- Enforcement policy, guidance and publications
- Waste, chemical and cleanup enforcement policy, guidance and publications