Columbia River Basin Toxics Reduction Action Plan
EPA and the Columbia River Toxics Reduction Working Group have issued a call to action for governments, nonprofits, industries, and citizens to help reduce toxics in the Columbia River basin.
The Columbia River Toxics Reduction Action Plan identifies 61 actions to:
- Increase public understanding and political commitment to toxics reduction in the Columbia River basin.
- Increase toxic reduction actions.
- Conduct monitoring to identify sources and then work to reduce toxic contamination.
- Develop a regional, multi-agency research program.
- Develop a data management system that will allow us to share information on toxics in the basin.
Our success will depend on a commitment to work together. The problems are too large, widespread, and complex to be solved by only one organization or country.