Implementation of Oil and Natural Gas Air Pollution Standards
- Small Business Compliance Guide
- Manufacturer - Tested Combustion Control Devices
- Notification Requirement for Well Completions
Small Business Compliance Guide
August 3, 2016 - EPA is releasing a compliance guide to assist small businesses in understanding the requirements of the 2016 New Source Performance Standards for the Oil and Natural Gas Industry. The rule became effective August 2, 2016.
Manufacturer-Tested Combustion Control Devices
Updated August 2017 - List of Combustion Control Device Models that have been Tested by the Manufacturer
Notification Requirement for Well Completions
Oil and natural gas companies are required to notify EPA in advance when they are going to complete a hydraulically fractured well. Companies can meet notification requirements by complying with state advance notification requirements. If a state does not have an advance notification requirement, companies must inform EPA no later than two days before beginning the well completion process. Companies may submit this notification electronically or in writing. Read the notification requirements:
- For natural gas wells completed after August 23, 2011 and before or on September 18, 2015.
- For oil and natural gas wells completed after September 18, 2015.
Owners or operators who must notify EPA may send a notification email to the appropriate region at the email address listed below.
- Region 1: none (No hydraulic fracturing anticipated)
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont and Tribal Nations
- Region 2: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Tribal Nations
- Region 3: email@example.com
Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Region 4: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Tribal Nations
- Region 5: email@example.com
Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin and Tribal Nations
- Region 6: firstname.lastname@example.org
Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas and Tribal Nations
- Region 7: email@example.com
Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and Tribal Nations
- Region 8: firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming and Tribal Nations
- Region 9: email@example.com
Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, the Pacific Islands, and Tribal Nations
- Region 10: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Tribal Nations