Implementation of Oil and Natural Gas Air Pollution Standards
- OOOOa Reporting
- Small Business Compliance Guide
- Manufacturer - Tested Combustion Control Devices
- Notification Requirement for Well Completions
October 6, 2017- EPA posts template spreadsheet for reporting data required by the 2016 New Source Performance Standards. The 2016 standards include several electronic reporting requirements using the agency’s Compliance and Emissions Data Reporting Interface (CEDRI). CEDRI can now collect these reports electronically, although the final template is not available. Until the final template is available in CEDRI, facilities may submit the Annual Report through CEDRI, but also must submit the report to the appropriate address(es) listed in 60.4(a) and (b). Note, facilities are not required to electronically submit the Annual Report until 90 days after the final template has been made available in CEDRI. EPA will update this page when final electronic reporting forms are available.
- 60.5420a(b) Annual Report (Spreadsheet Template)
- 60.5422a(a) Semiannual Report (Spreadsheet Template)
- 60.5422a(b) Initial Semiannual Report (Spreadsheet Template)
Small Business Compliance Guide
August 3, 2016 - EPA is releasing a compliance guide to assist small businesses in understanding the requirements of the 2016 New Source Performance Standards for the Oil and Natural Gas Industry. The rule became effective August 2, 2016.
Manufacturer-Tested Combustion Control Devices
Updated April 2018 - List of Combustion Control Device Models that have been Tested by the Manufacturer
Notification Requirement for Well Completions
Oil and natural gas companies are required to notify EPA in advance when they are going to complete a hydraulically fractured well. Companies can meet notification requirements by complying with state advance notification requirements. If a state does not have an advance notification requirement, companies must inform EPA no later than two days before beginning the well completion process. Companies may submit this notification electronically or in writing. Read the notification requirements:
- For natural gas wells completed after August 23, 2011 and before or on September 18, 2015.
- For oil and natural gas wells completed after September 18, 2015.
Owners or operators who must notify EPA may send a notification email to the appropriate region at the email address listed below.
- Region 1: none (No hydraulic fracturing anticipated)
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont and Tribal Nations
- Region 2: email@example.com
New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Tribal Nations
- Region 3: firstname.lastname@example.org
Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Region 4: email@example.com
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Tribal Nations
- Region 5: firstname.lastname@example.org
Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin and Tribal Nations
- Region 6: email@example.com
Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas and Tribal Nations
- Region 7: firstname.lastname@example.org
Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and Tribal Nations
- Region 8: email@example.com
Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming and Tribal Nations
- Region 9: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, the Pacific Islands, and Tribal Nations
- Region 10: email@example.com
Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Tribal Nations