This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will provide updated information as it becomes available, in addition to updated guidance. This website provides key EPA resources on the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Information on Disinfectants
On January 29, 2020, EPA activated its Emerging Viral Pathogens Guidance for Antimicrobial Pesticides in response to the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19).
Information on Drinking Water and Wastewater
EPA is providing information on drinking water and wastewater to provide clarity to the public. The COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking-water supplies. Based on current evidence, the risk to water supplies is low.
EPA Providing PPE
- New England region transfers PPE to Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Pacific Southwest regional office transfers more than 1,100 N-95 face masks to California Office of Emergency Services
- EPA to donate PPE to state and local responders fighting COVID-19 across the country
- Region 5 to donate 10,000 pieces of excess PPE for use in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin
EPA Coronavirus (COVID-19) News
Federal resources Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus.gov: Public information provided by the U.S. government related to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Current public health and safety information on COVID-19.
- USA.gov Coronavirus: What the U.S. government is doing in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). View en español.