Climate Ready Estuaries
The Climate Ready Estuaries program works with the National Estuary Programs and the coastal management community to:
- Assess climate change vulnerabilities,
- Develop and implement adaptation strategies, and
- Engage and educate stakeholders.
CRE shares NEP examples to help other coastal managers, and provides technical guidance and assistance about climate change adaptation.
Coastal Adaptation Toolkit
Sea Level Rise
CRE Climate Change Adaptation Projects
About Climate Ready Estuaries
News and Events
- February 2022. Global and Regional Sea Level Rise Scenarios for the United States.
- The EPA Watershed Academy's June 2021 webcast on Climate Change Adaptation is online.
- April 2021. EPA releases a new document in the Being Prepared for Climate Change family, Checklists of Potential Climate Change Risks.
Additional EPA Climate Change Resources
Climate Change. Information about why and how the climate is changing, and what we can do about it.
Climate Change Impacts on Coasts and Climate Change and Water. Learn how climate change is affecting our resources.
Creating Resilient Water Utilities. Find resources for the water utility sector to adapt to climate change.
EPA Climate Change Adaptation Resource Center. An interactive resource to help local governments effectively deliver services to their communities.