Monitoring the Occurrence of Unregulated Drinking Water Contaminants
About Monitoring Unregulated Drinking Water Contaminants
Occurrence and Reporting Data
The Safe Drinking Water Act requires that EPA monitor for no more than 30 unregulated contaminants every five years.
Important Dates for UCMR 4
- February 21, 2017 - Deadline for laboratories to register for the Laboratory Approval Program.
- April 12, 2017 - Public meeting and webinar about the UCMR 4 program.
- April 19, 2017 - Deadline for laboratories to submit application materials for the Laboratory Approval Program.
- October 31, 2017 - Deadline for large ground water systems to submit an existing or new ground water representative monitoring plan.
- December 31, 2017 - Deadline for large systems to update contact, zip codes, sampling locations, and inventory information; and small systems to provide sampling locations.