CHIMEC CHIMSPERSE 6000
TECHNICAL PRODUCT BULLETIN #D-20
USEPA, OEM REGULATIONS IMPLEMENTATION DIVISION
ORIGINAL LISTING DATE: NOVEMBER 06, 2019
REVISED LISTING DATE:
“CHIMEC CHIMSPERSE 6000”
|I. NAME, BRAND, OR TRADEMARK|
|CHIMEC CHIMSPERSE 6000
Type of Product: Dispersant
|II. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF MANUFACTURER/CONTACT|
|III. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF PRIMARY DISTRIBUTORS|
|IV. SPECIAL HANDLING AND WORKER PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND FIELD APPLICATION|
|1. Flammability: Non-Flammable.
2. Ventilation: None under normal conditions. If exposure levels are exceeded or irritation is experienced, wear approved respiratory protection. In case of inadequate ventilation, oxygen deficient atmosphere, or where exposure levels are not known, wear approved respiratory protection (e.g., a mask fit for organic vapors (A1)). If inhaled, go into open air and ventilate suspected area. Obtain medical attention if breathing difficulty persists.
3. Skin and eye contact; protective clothing; treatment in case of contact: For skin protection, wear latex or neoprene gloves, and clothing with chemically resistant materials and fabric (e.g., trivalent suit). For eye and face protection, wear chemical safety glasses; or face shield with safety glasses. General first aid measures include never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. If feeling unwell, see medical advice. After skin contact, remove contaminated clothing and drench affected area with water for at least 15 minutes. Obtain medical attention if irritation develops or persists. In case of eye contact, immediately rinse with water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Get immediate medical advice/attention. If ingested, rinse mouth. DO NOT induce vomiting and obtain medical attention.
4.a. Maximum storage temperature: 104°F (40ºC) continuous
4.b. Minimum storage temperature: -4°F (-20°C)
4.c. Optimum storage temperature range: 32°F (0°C) to 80°F (27°C)
4.d. Temperatures of phase separations and chemical changes: Stable
|V. SHELF LIFE|
|The shelf life of opened containers is 12 months. If sealed as delivered, shelf life of closed containers is 24 months. Shelf life may be extended to 48 months after analytical checks. According to internal procedures for dispersant products, after 24 months the Chimec Quality Control department checks analytical parameters based on technical specifications before extending shelf life to 48 months.|
|VI. RECOMMENDED APPLICATION PROCEDURE|
|1. Application Method: CHIMEC CHIMSPERSE 6000 may be applied by the usual methods (e.g., NIMBUS package, the Modular Aerial Spray System (MASS) package, or the Aerial Dispersant Delivery System (ADDS) package). The preferred and most effective method of application from a workboat is to use a low-volume, low-pressure pump.
2. Concentration/Application Rate: CHIMEC CHIMSPERSE 6000 is preferably used undiluted. A typical treatment rate is 10 to 15 L/acre or a DOR (dispersant to oil ratio) of 1:50 to 1:10. However, the treatment rate can vary depending on the type or oil, degree of weathering, temperature, and thickness of oil slick. For heavy oils, a 1:10 dilution ratio (product:water) is recommended. Lighter oils will require a 1:10 to 1:30 (product:water) dilution ratio. Warmer waters (greater than 78ºF) and/or good agitation during application will require less product.
3. Conditions for Use: CHIMEC CHIMSPERSE 6000 can be used in salt water, with no limitations as to usage if within optimum temperature parameters (application may be made at or above 35ºF, with optimum above 48ºF).
|VII. TOXICITY AND EFFECTIVENESS|
SWIRLING FLASK DISPERSANT EFFECTIVENESS TEST WITH SOUTH LOUISIANA (S/L) AND PRUDHOE BAY (P/B) CRUDE OILS
|VIII. MIROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS|
|IX. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES|
|1. Flash Point: >100°F
2. Pour Point: -28°C
3. Viscosity: 26.8 cSt at 40°C
4. Specific Gravity: 0.9987 at 60°F
5. pH: 7.3
7. Surface Active Agents: CONFIDENTIAL
8. Solvents: CONFIDENTIAL
9. Additives: None
10. Solubility: Miscible in oil, water, and solvents
|X. ANALYSIS FOR HEAVY METALS, CYANIDE, AND CHLORINATED HYDROCARBONS|