ERLN Radiation Focus Area
EPA's National Air and Radiation Environmental Laboratory (NAREL) is engaged in a number of activities and efforts across EPA to enhance the nation's radiological laboratory capacity and capability.
NAREL focuses solely on radiation specific analysis and is an integral part of EPA's Environmental Response Laboratory Network (ERLN). ERLN's Radiation Focus Area provides your laboratory with access to radiation-specific laboratory guidance documents and training courses:
For More Information
For more information on EPA's National Air and Radiation Environmental Laboratory please visit the NAREL website. For questions or comments on the radiation focus area, please e-mail contact_Narel@epa.gov.
- Search Radiochemical Methods with the Query Tool
- Incident Guides
- Multi-Agency Radiological Laboratory Analytical Protocols (MARLAP) Manual (EPA 402-B-04-001B/NUREG-1576)
- Inventory of Radiological Methodologies For Sites Contaminated With Radioactive Materials, October 2006 (EPA 402-R-06-007) (PDF)(114 pp, 905K,About PDF)
- The Use of Swipe Samples in Response to a Radiological or Nuclear Incident of National Significance (in preparation)
- Guide for Radiological Laboratories for the Identification, Preparation, and Implementation of Core Operations for Radiological Incident Response (in preparation)
- Guide for Radiological Laboratories for the Control of Radioactive Contamination and Radiation (in preparation)
- Radiological Laboratory Sample Analysis Guide for Incidents of National Significance – Radionuclides in Soil (in preparation)