GOLD CREW® TC
TECHNICAL PRODUCT BULLETIN #SW-72
USEPA, OEM REGULATIONS IMPLEMENTATION DIVISION
ORIGINAL LISTING DATE: MAY 17, 2021
"GOLD CREW® TC"
|I. NAME, BRAND, OR TRADEMARK|
|GOLD CREW® TC
(aka, TRAFFIC COLLISION, SPILL CLEANUP AGENT)
Type of Product: Surface Washing Agent
|II. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF MANUFACTURER/CONTACT|
|III. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF PRIMARY DISTRIBUTORS|
|IV. SPECIAL HANDLING AND WORKER PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND FIELD APPLICATION|
|1. Flammability: Non-flammable.
2. Ventilation: Normal.
3. Skin and eye contact; protective clothing; treatment in case of contact: Good hygiene practices should always be followed. Wear impervious gloves for solutions or where contact is repeated. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practices. For eye contact, flush with water and get medical attention if required. For skin contact, remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area, and wash clothing before next use. If irritation develops get medical attention. If ingested, get medical attention.
4.a. Maximum storage temperature: When above 120°F, keep container closed and stored in a cool dark place. Evaporation may change product’s characteristics.
4.b. Minimum storage temperature: Product will freeze below 25°F. No phase separation will occur. If frozen, thaw, and stir well.
4.c. Optimum storage temperature range: 25°F to 120°F. Use normal storage conditions, but store away from incompatible materials.
4.d. Temperatures of phase separations and chemical changes: No separation at any temperature between 32-120°F. No tendency to “layer out” or separate, standing for 30 days. No separation of layering after freezing.
|V. SHELF LIFE|
|2 years (unopened); and 1 year (opened).|
|VI. RECOMMENDED APPLICATION PROCEDURE|
|1. Application Method: Gold Crew® TC’s mechanism of action desorbs or strips the hydrocarbon off the surface of the solid through surface tension reduction enhanced with physical agitation. The action is not a chemical reaction.
2. Concentration/Application Rate: For small hard surface area, active wash: Apply undiluted through hand pump sprayer. Apply to cover immediate work area. Use scrub brush to agitate. Use appropriate sorbent material to pick up and contain. For releasing from hard surface using presoak and/or power wash action: Boom off immediate work area. Use undiluted as presoak. Apply to cover the focused work area. Work on a test area first to determine site specific application. For crude oil, allow up to a 20-minute presoak. For medium distillates, allow 10 (±) minutes. For light distillates, allow 5 minutes. Times may vary depending on weather conditions/oil viscosity and site-specific conditions. After determining and applying the solution for presoak, wash down the area in the following manner: Gold Crew® TC should be used through a power washer or through a steam powered unit at 1 to 5 percent eduction rate to decrease the water’s surface tension and enhance power washing effectiveness. Wash to boomed containment area and remove by absorbent or skimmer. Dispose of waste material according to federal, state, and local regulations. For power wash with no presoak, used undiluted through power washer for crude and heavy oils. For lighter distillate’s dilute 50:50 with water. Follow containment and recovery methods.
3. Conditions for Use: Equally effective with salt or fresh water. Product will freeze in very low temperature but when thawed, will not affect performance.
|VII. TOXICIY AND EFFECTIVENESS|
|VIII. MICROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS|
|IX. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES|
|1. Flash Point: >200
2. Pour Point: 32°F
3. Viscosity: 1.52 cst @ 71ºF (22ºC); 1.213 cst @ 104ºF (40ºC)
4. Specific Gravity: 1.002
5. pH: 8.78 (±0.01)
6. Surface Active Agents: CONFIDENTIAL.
7. Solvents: None.
8. Additives: CONFIDENTIAL.
9. Solubility in Water: Complete.
|X. ANALYSIS FOR HEAVY METALS, CYANIDE, AND CHLORINATED HYDROCARBONS|