Selected Analytical Methods for Environmental Remediation and Recovery (SAM) 2022
EPA’s Selected Analytical Methods for Environmental Remediation and Recovery (SAM) identifies analytical methods to be used by laboratories performing analyses of environmental and building material samples following a contamination event. Laboratories may use this information to evaluate the nature and extent of contamination and assess decontamination efficacy. In addition to providing the SAM document in its entirety, this site contains a tool that allows users to easily query the SAM methods.
2022 SAM Document
EPA's SAM identifies analytical methods to be used by laboratories that analyze chemical, radiochemical, pathogen and biotoxin contaminants of concern in environmental samples, and radiochemical contamination of building materials, following a contamination incident.
- Basic SAM Information - Background information and purpose
- General Quality Control (QC) Guidelines - General discussion of quality control considerations
- General Safety and Waste Management - General discussion of safety and waste management
- Selected Methods - Summary descriptions and sources of SAM methods
- SAM Companion Documents - Links to SAM companion documents and other related sample collection procedures
- SAM Revision Tracking Information - Information regarding each SAM revision beginning with SAM Revision 1.0, 2004
- ESAM Updates - Information regarding updates to SAM methods, SAM/SCID query tools and companion documents since publication of SAM 2022
- Waste Management - Information regarding managing materials and wastes
- Related SAM Links - Links to key collaborators, laboratories and research centers