Federal Green Challenge (FGC)
EPA closes out the Federal Green Challenge
- Read about the last federal agencies EPA recognized for their significant efforts in improving the sustainability of their facilities.
We are grateful for the dedication of our Federal Green Challenge participants and their efforts to reduce and divert waste. EPA is planning to evolve our Sustainable Materials Management partnership programs to align with our new priorities. At this time, we are no longer accepting new Federal Green Challenge participants.
About the FGC
FGC was a national effort under EPA's Sustainable Materials Management Program, that challenged EPA and other federal agencies throughout the country to lead by example in reducing the federal government's environmental impact. Federal offices or facilities voluntarily participated and committed to annual improvement goals in six target areas.
FGC is no longer active and EPA no longer updates the FGC webpages, but they may be useful as references or resources.
- Award Winners and their Stories
- Webinar Materials
- Highlighted Success Stories
- Learn from other Agencies
- Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Building and Associated Instructions (pdf)
- Executive Order 14057 – Catalyzing Clean Energy Industries and Jobs through Federal Sustainability
- National Recycling Strategy