Proposed Cleanup Plan for the GE-Pittsfield/Housatonic River
- Rest of River Draft Modification to the Reissued RCRA Permit and Statement of Basis
- Public Hearing
- Public Information Meetings
- Additional Background Materials
- EPA Documents Associated with June 2014 Proposed Rest of River Cleanup Plan
- How to Comment on Proposed Cleanup Plan
Tues., September 23: 6:30 pm
Lenox Memorial Middle and High School auditorium
197 East Street
- Rest of River Public hearing, Transcript and PowerPoint of EPA presentation and transcript of public comments
Comments from the public hearing can be found at Proposed Remedial Action, Supporting Documentation and Public Comment.
Informational meetings will start with poster sessions at 6 pm, during which U.S. EPA staff will be available to address specific topics, followed by a presentation on the proposed cleanup plan at 7:00 pm, and a question and answer period. Copies of the proposed plan will be available in early June at most town halls in CT & MA along the Housatonic River.
Throughout the Rest of River project, EPA has published community updates summarizing key milestones and findings during the life of the study. These fact sheets are available via the following link: Past Community Updates.
In Spring 2011, EPA held a series of workshops and a charrette to help inform and engage the public regarding the Housatonic Rest of River history, background, and considerations that go into EPA's decision-making process.
Additional information is available via the following link: Rest of River Reports.