Funding Opportunity Number: EPA-R5-GL2017-CLA
This Request for Applications (RFA) solicits applications from eligible entities for a cooperative agreement to be awarded pursuant to the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Action Plan II (30 pp, 5.1 MB, About PDF) September 2014.
EPA is seeking applications for a project to 1) provide in situ observational data for use in 2) the development of enhanced Cladophora growth models to enable phosphorus targets to be developed for the eastern basin of Lake Erie as well as for Lakes Michigan, Huron and Ontario.
A consortium of investigators will establish sentinel monitoring sites in Lakes Michigan, Huron, Erie and Ontario for one or more growing seasons. In situ observational data collected at these sites will be used in enhanced Cladophora model development.
Up to $600,000 may be awarded for one cooperative agreement. The awarding of this cooperative agreement is contingent upon funding availability, the quality of applications received and other applicable considerations. However, EPA expressly reserves the right to make no awards under this RFA.
Who can apply
- state agencies,
- interstate agencies,
- federally recognized Indian tribes and tribal organizations,
- local governments,
- institutions of higher learning (i.e., colleges and universities),
- and non-profit organizations as defined in 2 C.F.R. § 200
- foreign organizations and governments,
- nonprofit organizations exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code that engage in lobbying,
- and “for-profit” organizations
2017 Request for Applications EPA-R5-GL2017-CLA (PDF)(35 pp, 128 K,
Integrated Cladophora studies and modeling in support of GLWQA Annex 4 phosphorus target setting