EPA offices and laboratories, and outside organizations, have developed approved methods for measuring the concentration of a substance or pollutant. Below are categories of methods. Learn about how methods are developed on the Method Development page.
A Note About Research and Development Methods
Most of these methods are considered "laboratory validated" because they have not been formally adopted for use by a program office, nor have they been integrated into a regulatory program. However, some of these methods are in the process of being formalized.
- Air and Radiation
- Prevention, Pesticides, and Toxic Substances
- Research and Development - Not Approved
- Solid Waste and Emergency Response
Air and Radiation
Prevention, Pesticides, and Toxic Substances
Research and Development
- Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Research
- Ecosystem Research
- Health Research
- Water Research
- Perfluorocarbon (PFC) Methods
- Homeland Security Research